Sunday, September 8, 2013

After a busy day, I log on and see messages- Yeah!

How nice to sit and read all about you both. We all seem to have had some misfortune with tripping or falling or some such event causing us to have complaints of suffering! So I feel for you both as I try to manoeuvre around with my sore foot and continue with my chores. Today it was four green tomato bread/loaves and another batch of tomato juice, and a few packages of beans frozen. This new recipe for bread turned out nicely and another double batch will be made tomorrow in attempt to use up more green tomatoes. I had to make a trip to the grocery store this afternoon to buy more ingredients so I'll start baking first thing in the morning. Wed we have to drive up to North Bay in the afternoon to meet with Harry's brother and wife for supper. They are coming down from Kirkland Lake so she is to have surgery the following morning (carpal tunnel) and they will be staying at a hotel overnight. I believe we will take them to the Chinese Buffet - Deanna likes Chinese food so it can be a treat for her. I'll take one of the loaves to give her to take home as well. I don't like having to drive at night and it will be dark by time we head home. I still don't feel comfortable driving this new car yet - haven't done it enough I guess. Harry usually does most of the driving nowadays. We are making a hooked rug for Mike's Cat. The little rug he has is approx. 3'X2' and Cat has taken it over and loves to spread out on the floor on top of the rug. But it has been washed and consequently falling apart a bit. We have another almost made and yesterday I bought some fabric to use for a backing. Mike has asked if we can fix the old one and also put a backing on it. It is frayed badly along the edge but I'll give it a try. But we have to take this new one first so Cat doesn't go without. Mike loves his Cat and getting it was the best thing for him. His lady, Erin, has now brought her cat from her Mothers place so the two cats are now getting used to each other. Mike is not as fond of Gypsy as he is of his Cat  By the way, this is what he calls it - Cat!!  It has been colder at nights and I am tempted to get out the feather ticks (duvets) to start using them - it's like turning on the heat for the first time in the Fall - you hate to do it but eventually it has to be done! Another week approaches and hope you both will take care of yourselves. I'll be doing lots with garden cleanup and of course, getting rid of green tomatoes. So long......

No comments:

Post a Comment