Saturday, September 14, 2013

so much to do, so little time

It has started.  Today David and Jeremy moved as much of the flower bed as we plan to move.  The huge red peonies went into the front flower bed that we have been trying to figure out all summer. I think we have found our solution to that problem. All of the edging has been removed, and the Unistone  "sidewalk to no where" has been removed.  Much of the edging was regular sized cinder blocks,with holes that all had to be cleaned out of mud and grass. The short Unistone sidewalk through the gate in the fence has also been removed, and one of the composters moved to the other side of the garden.  The bird feeder has also been moved over there,and we aren't sure if the birds or squirrels have found it yet.  There is far less cover for the squirrels there and no garage roof to run over and jump onto the feeder from.  The garage has been sorted out, a certain extent.  What is left is various piles going to various destinations.  David has rented a storage locker, and is arranging to get a truck to move the stuff over. Loren will be able to give us an evening sometime around the 23rd or 24th to help out.  The truck comes free with the storage locker rental,but only for three hours, so these things have to be carefully coordinated.  When Loren came to pick up Jeremy this afternoon, he took the canoe away with him.  Seeing it loaded on the roof of Sheila's car and pulling out of the driveway, brought much of this home to me.

Loren had brought some Kraft Dinner bowls ( who knew about those!? Oh my, what we miss being away from the working world!) for Jeremy's lunch.  The church across the street had their annual Family B-B-Q day today, so we decided to go over for hot dogs instead, not realizing that they were free!  Even if we had to listen to very loud singing of religious songs, while we ate, I think it was a much better choice than Kraft Dinner.

Beth, Cathy is taking Daddy's horse race game.  We were talking about how to play it, and wondered if you might remember.  I had thought that you just threw the dice and the horses moved one space very time their number came up, but Cathy seemed to remember a steeplechase component where the horse had to roll doubles to get over the jump.  As I thought about it in bed last night, I seemed to remember elastic bands stretched across the track as jumps. We still haven't found the horses, but both David and I remember them being in a Red Rose Tea box, somewhere in the house.  And weren't they plastic deer in any case?  Maybe we should be calling it the Reindeer Race game.

On one of my internet groups, there was a new member introduced herself as being from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.  I posted back welcoming her to the group, and wondering if we had ever met or had friends in common.  Another woman, from Winnipeg, whom I know and have visited,  also welcomed her.  we took the e-mail off the group list and soon found out that, not only have we met, but she has taken a class from me.  She asked about my Shibori work ( she is into Shibori right now, as is the third lady) so I referred her to the picture from the July 5th posting on my blog.  She responded by saying that when she got to the blog she realized that she is one of my followers, but hadn't realized she was talking to the person she follows!

Re; the knees. I am finding that my pain and therefore, my mood, is very dependent on how well I sleep.  Today was not such a good day, although yesterday was not bad at all.  I keep forgetting to take my supper time pill.  they must be taken with food, and I have found out that this means a fair bit of food--not a small snack.

P.S.  found the Reindeer.  They don't look to be in great shape,but more colour fading than anything.
Certainly usable.
P.P.S.took a look at the game table.  There appear to be three places for a jump to be inserted.  Some of the 1/4" tape used to indicate movement lines will have to be replaced, but otherwise, all appears okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment