Thursday, September 26, 2013

My frivolous purchase

Today we went to North Bay to shop ( all the pensions were finally posted today and none to early either) and as is my usual practice, I like to purchase a little something for me. And I did not disappoint myself. Not really frivolous but I like to think I have been naughty haha  At Recycled Resources I bought a napkin holder and no, I did not need a napkin holder! This caught my eye immediately - bright orange and lime green with a stylized  strawberry on one side and an onion on the other. Hard to describe nicely but there is there need to rationalize one's choice? It was 50 cents. So next stop was Dollarama to look at paper napkins to match. I envisioned something orange and bright but found nothing I liked until I spotted a package of some beige brown napkins with coffee beans and cups of coffee pictures all over. It was $1.00.  I loved them and now I have them folded and in the holder. Now isn't that the perfect purchase-  if it makes me feel good, c'est la vie. 
Sure sign of summers end - they took the swimming dock out today. I walked with the dog to the lake after supper and there was no dock. Even the dog indicated a notice of change - she looked at the end of the walkway that now faced the lapping water against the rocks, and then looked at me as much as to say "where is the dock that we always walk on".
Yesterday was apple day - I started to pick apples at 8 am and had the one tree stripped by noon, at least enough to allow the branches to bounce back up - before picking they were sadly drooping onto the roof of the greenhouse and situpon. Then I set up the juicer and by 8:30 pm Harry and I had the juice bottled and I was cleaning up the kitchen area. Tomorrow we are going to Huntsville and Harry will take some juice to his sister. It is unsweetened (no sugar used) and with her diabetes, she says she could drink it without upsetting her levels. 
Well, Patty, you have a busy weekend ahead of you and then with the garage work next week ( apparently starting on Sat and Sun!) it should be rather chaotic. And Cathy, what are you going to be doing? Will be thinking of you both. Enjoy and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment