Monday, September 30, 2013

Need I say more?

 This is the Bobcat they used to break up the concrete floor, and then take it out to one of the two ten ton dump trucks they used to haul it away.  Note the half inch plywood all along the drive way to protect the Unistone
 This is the garage without a concrete floor. It is very fine loose sand.  No wonder the darn thing was sinking.  Yes, that is daylight you can see between the ground and the lower edge of the wall. It is only supported at the corners. As you can see, they put bracing up for the work bench and lifted it it with the garage.
 Here is David supervising a young fellow who was removing the very corner bit of concrete that the Bobcat couldn't get.  He was working inside the garage with a sledge hammer, and David is providing advice on what sort of tool he should be using.  I wonder what could have happened to David if I hadn't called him in for lunch.
Here are all of the concrete edging blocks from the garden, and the Unistone from the two smaller areas by the garage.  This is the stuff that Jeremy helped David remove and pile up, out of the way.  You can almost see the bird feeder between the tool rack at the left and the composter, just above what appears to be a trellis.  We have so very many birds in the yard right now ( not when the Bobcat was working) that we are having to fill it almost every day.   They are taking full advantage of the birdbath as well--even the Blue Jays.

Today was a beautiful fall day--the kind I have only  experienced in Manitoba. I have been able to relax and putter a bit, and slowly recover from a very busy weekend.  I am grateful to have been able to recover a bit better and faster than I did from the classes in Selkirk.  Tomorrow is my facial and I am very much looking forward to that.  Since I have been paid for both my classes, I can even afford it.

No comments:

Post a Comment