Friday, September 20, 2013

Weekends

Somehow this weekend is not shaping up as a relaxing time.  I had rehearsal last night...an all day course in Brandon today.. all day tomorrow again and then an ACT meeting on Sunday.  Patty is on vacation next week, so that leaves me and the newly trained Shirley who has to be watched.  Our company arrives on Wednesday night and will be here until Oct 9.  One day I will sleep.  Everything is gone from the garden except the carrots.  As soon as Jim is done potatoes he will till it all up and hopefully next year will be better.  Nika kept trying to follow me this morning.  I turned around 3 times to make her go back.  The last time I wanted to  lock her in the shop, but she must have known 'cause I couldn't catch her.  I ended up yelling really loud at her and then driving away fast.  I tried to see if she was following, but if she was I was over the hill before I saw her.  She was home when I got here, so either she stayed or she found her way back.  I hope it doesn't happen again.  I had to speed on the way to Brandon. Made the 50 minute trip in just under 40 minutes.  Not something I want to do again!  As it was we didn't start until just after 9am anyway.  8:45 again tomorrow, but I won't be as worried about making it on time.  We all went out for lunch.  I ordered at taco salad and I have never seen such a large salad in my life.  It looked big enough when I thought it was on a large plate, but it was really a bowl!   I brought at least 1/2 home with me for supper.  Tomorrow when I get backjto Neepawa I have to pick up all the lunch supplies for Sunday's meeting.  Not as much as usual, though, cause 4 people can't make it.  Jim bought me a really nice travel mug and I either lost it today or left it in Brandon. I hope it is there tomorrow when I arrive.  Otherwise I will have to explain to Jim how I lost it the first time I used it.  I really like it, too.  The laundry is just stopping and the dishwasher is almost done.  I have no idea why I turned both on at once except that I need to get some of this work done this weekend.  I hope both are clean.  Hope the rest of your weekend is a little bit relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment