Thursday, September 5, 2013

I need a new post title I guess.....

Can't title it green tomatoes again can I? But here I am still with a front room full of green tomatoes. The lower night temps has prompted Harry to pick all the tomatoes and start to clean up - no way we could cover everything - so consequently, here I am with even more of the green little thingies just waiting for me to do something with them. I love green fried tomatoes to eat - had some more for breakfast this morning, but that only uses up maybe two at the most. I looked in some of the recipe books I have and found another recipe for marmalade so today I shall try that but need some lemons which I don't have on hand. Now why don't we have a lemon tree on our property I wonder? haha
Yesterday I injured myself and so I am now suffering. I went downstairs to search for a particular item and stepped on a box climbing over stuff and it gave way and my foot was bent. Actually turned out to be the middle toe on my left foot. Within two hours it was swollen and turned blue black. I expect I broke it but no way to tell. I covered it with a cold compress and proceeded with my chores. No such thing as sitting down and resting! Scooby has missed out on her walks but I cannot weight bear without pain and so walking for now is out of the question. So, I just sat down for an hour and cut little individual packages of sugar ( 1000 to a carton) into a plastic container for use. Last year Harry went to an auction at a restaurant closing and I have boxes of individual "everythings" here at home - peanut butter, jams, salad dressings, sugar, syrup, plum sauce, serviettes, Styrofoam take out containers etc etc. Shame not to be using them.
Wondering how you folks are doing? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment