Sunday, September 15, 2013

weekends are for relaxation???

This was my only weekend to do housework.  I am on course next Friday and Saturday ( I could have a hotel room thursday and Friday night, but I am only 1 hour from home) I have an ACT meeting Sunday and Glenda & Pete arrive on Wednesday/.. Shhhhhhhh it is a secret.  Jean' s 60th birthday is Sept 28th and they are coming to surprise her.  They are, however, staying here, so I need to at least pretend that I do housework. I also did work work this weekend,  I get the time off that I worked, but I did not do what I wanted to do,  Oh well.,..... It is 2-3 hours of time off.  Jim is hauling potatoes again.  He did 11 1/2 hours today.  He is going to work until he gets tired, so that is about the max for him.  It is just fortunate that they quit at that time.  I hear through the grapevine that the position in our office (mat leave) has been advertised but I have not seen anything yet.  On Friday Patty and I expressed our concerns about Shirley"s understanding of the work in the office.  That is why I had office work this weekend.  I am trying to update our instructions so that they can be understood by anyone.  It is sort of a mote point since everything will change once Teranet takes over.  Oh well.  If Shirley can do more of the work it is that much less for me.  Frost last night and probably tonight. It wouldn't matter except that the cucumbers finally flowered.  Jim is determined to get some of our own cukes to eat.  Kathleen (Assistant at VCC even if she is a grandmother) gave me a rubbermade tub of tomatoes last week.  I now have 17 bags of "Junk" in the freezer!  Yippee! I dug the last of the potatoes (wow... an ice cream pail full) today and picked my 1 jalepeno.  There should be some carrots this year, but that is it.  I pulled all the tomatoes from the garden because the few we got rotted. I don't want any disease for next year.  Time for bed even if it is only 9 pm.  I am sore and tired and have go get up tomorrow.   Lotsa of zen hugs to both of you

No comments:

Post a Comment