Thursday, September 12, 2013

Back in business

While Harry is juicing some crabapples I will take a moment to write a few words before its time to bottle the juice. I set everything up, then he does the actually juicing and then I do the cleanup. Simple! We have decided not to go the cranberry marsh this year (see my big smiles?) but instead Harry will buy some cranberries in the store and mix them into his juice. Yesterday we went to North Bay and met with his brother and wife. We did some shopping and then went to the Restaurant for the Buffet. It was a nice leisurely meal and quite enjoyable. I stuck to my usual chicken balls and fried rice but the others tried some of the different dishes. Diane was to have her surgery at 8 am and then they were heading back to Kirkland Lake. Hope it goes well for her. In a month she will be back to have the other hand done ( carpal tunnel) I went for my first walk with the dog down to the Lake this morning in a long while since I hurt my foot. It felt so good to get out and back to a routine - I know the dog was delighted as she has missed out as well. Still hurts but I won't let it get the better of me. I received an email from my friend Sue to arrange another luncheon in October " before the snow flies" but this time she has again included the other two ladies who I met with in the summer. I guess I have made it into the group?? Maybe I should feel honoured but at the least I am feeling happy right now. I think it does me good to have some outside connections. I guess I'll have to reserve/book the car! After the juicing is done I have more veg to do - likely cucumbers, and then green tomatoes. I will be making more loaf as it is something that I can freeze and actually use. No point in making preserves as we just don't use them up. I have been having the green tomato marmalade on toast in the morning and although tart, it really is quite good. So likely I'll use the other few jars over the course of the winter. How was your appt with Ortho clinic Patty? Time to go......take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment