Saturday, September 7, 2013

Yesterday--

wasn't really a good day.  We were up early so that David and Amber could go down to the lake to pick up her bed and the boat, that Darren has claimed.  I think I mentioned that I fell yet again a couple of weeks ago.  Well, the sore knees are getting worse instead of better, and yesterday I was barely able to walk.  I kept thinking of how I would need to be on my feet to teach, and finally decided that I needed to have them looked at.  Once David was home and the truck unloaded I asked him to take me into Urgent Care.  Got there about 4:16 with two Harlequins in my purse and a bottle of water, not realizing that I had no money, having bought a lottery ticket earlier.  I was finally seen at 2:00 this morning.  Nothing broken, but both my Patella are crap.  Yes, garbage, used up battered, and more of a nuisance than a help, so say nothing of slightly shifted out of normal position.  So I left with a prescription for high dosage Aleve, and a referral to the Orthopedic Ambulatory Care Clinic at Misericordia.---as well as instructions to stay off my feet as much as possible for a few days.

Today, David is doing the running around, while I sit at home with clearly stated instructions not to attempt the stairs, unless he is there to supervise/help me.  He has now finished replacing the waterbed frame with a bed frame and box spring.  Now he is off again, but, at least, I can have nap while he's gone.

David's niece, Lyala, had given me a tub of beads.  I hadn't had a chance to take a look at them until yesterday/today.  What a gift!!  More beads than I could use in a lifetime. It means another trip to Lee Valley to buy "screw-top jars" to put them in, however.  I am especially happy to find that most of them are what I call utility beds.  i.e. not seed beads, and mostly unique in appearance..  This type of bead is absolutely critical tot he work I do, and getting harder and harder to find, with the best source being flea markets and garage sales.  So now I have lots to do while I stay off my feet.  I am particularly grateful for a string of black beads that have been decorated with silver wire.  Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment