Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Very interesting day

You never know what you might be doing and today was the perfect example. On the weekend Harry bid on several coins on line through Midland Auctions. He was the successful bidder on several lots and by reviewing the conditions, it was in our best interests ($$) to go and pick them up rather than to pay for delivery. I have never been to this part of Ontario. Midland is a port on Georgian Bay on Lake Huron about 200 kms south and then to the west. Beautiful country, sunny day ( heat wave actually with temps and humidity close to 40) and carefree attitude made for a wonderful excursion. We were a bit early so walked down to the dock, and enjoyed the water and boats and especially the painted murals all over. Midland is renown for the 32 murals adorning the downtown landscape. ( if you care, go to www.midland.ca and follow prompts to the Mural Virtual Tour) Also at Midland is the historic Saint Marie Upon the Hurons, and also The Martyrs Shrine but today we did not visit these. We will plan to return another time and spend more time if possible. On the way back we stopped at The Restore in Huntsville and I bought some more long play records ( vinyl is now a wanted item you know) When we have gone there previously, I have gone through all the records they have for sale and choosing just the shows eg The Music Man, Oklahoma, South Pacific, Man of Lamancha, King and I etc I now have twelve albums (today they were at 10 for $2.00) I still haven't laid my hands on my little record player but Harry has a stereo set up in the dining room so I have been using it to listen. It's fun for me and brings back some pleasant memories!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment