Friday, September 20, 2013

it never ends-or so it seems.

Today, the fellow came to install grab bars in the bathroom.  I was in studio clothes, and while I washed my hair last night, it hadn't been curled and it looked like it.  He came in and we recognized each other.  We had often associated through work, even though we were with different agencies.  Anyway, we now have three--count 'em, three grab bars around the bath tub.  I am not dealing with this very well.  I wish I could say that I am "aging with grace", but all I feel is frustration.  Frustration at not being able to do the things I want to.  A lot of the time, I can't even do the things I'm supposed to.  Frustration at my body not responding the way it should. However, I am pleased to report that the medication appears to be controlling my pain much better now.  I can even climb stairs without help, and even managed a short trip to the grocery store this morning.  Lately that sort of thing has really tested my endurance. If only I could sleep a little longer during the night.   Enough venting.

What I was leading up to was that, late this afternoon, I had a small meltdown, and David banished me to the basement while he finished supper ( and a very fine supper it was)  I was able to do all of the groundwork on a new hanging for December.  Tomorrow I have to buy some thread, but this should work up fairly quickly.  Right now I need to accomplish something, as I was getting discouraged about being able to finish enough for the show in December.  Today I heard that my class in Pinawa is a "go", so after supper started on the handout.  It was prepared, but needs to be printed, and there are things I need to package with it.  I have been using double pocket folders.  Thank Goodness for the back to school sales for those.  And today I heard that my Cabochons are ready.

So now I am too tired to do much of anything.  I plan a shower, using my new grab bars, a few minutes of reading and then, early to bed.  And if I need a pill to sleep--so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment