Monday, August 29, 2016

A nice visit.

Two nice visits, in fact.  I had lunch with my ATC group yesterday.  There were only 4 of us, but we had a pleasant lunch, a nice visit, and a trade.  One of the ladies is off to travel in Japan and Korea, next month.  She is an older widow and travels extensively, usually as part of a group of seniors.  We had a chat about being single, as two of the group are, and the strategies that  a single person has to use, to keep from becoming socially isolated.  I've also found within my Tuesday stitchers, that this can be an issue, as I'm the only one left in the group that's part of a married couple.  (I put it that way, as one of the ladies-86 years old--has recently moved in with a gentleman, but I truly believe that it's platonic, and just for economic reasons)

When I got home, Loren and Sheila were visiting.  It was the first chance they'd had to come and see the kitchen.  They appeared quite impressed, both with the quality of the work, and the reasonable cost.  Sheila teased Loren about him now having "kitchen envy".  I think he's wanted to do "something" about his kitchen ever since he bought the house, and I agree.  We found out that Jeremy has been accepted into Red River, in the Mechanical Engineering Technology program, and started today.  He just found out toward the end of last week, so it was a bit of a scramble getting him registered and ready.

We had our carpet cleaned today.  Just the living room and hallway--the traffic areas.  Not cheap, but having made the decision to retain the carpet for as long as we're in the house, it had to be done.  Now we're off for the monthly shopping.  Not as bad as it used to be, as we're shopping more often for the fresh stuff I need on my diet.  And how's the diet going--don't ask, but whatever has happened the past week, my weight is remaining somewhat stable, and that is a blessing.  Loren has been dieting as well, and has now lost about 20lbs.  Both of them are happy about that.

I've finally got around to washing and dyeing some of the Damask napkins you sent me years ago, Beth, the ones from Harry's mother.  They are not as worn as the Damask I get at the thrift store, and the resulting colours are a bit more intense than on older fabric.  I'm very pleased with what I've accomplished so far.

So, change clothes, and out the door, and hope the carpet dries by the time we get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment