Wednesday, August 10, 2016

I'm lovin" it...

The daily Google cartoons are exciting. Is that waterpolo today?

Nothing but hot weather and watering. They have implemented fire bans again. I should have had a fire when I could - hope I don't go the entire season without at least striking a match to the kindling all ready in the firebox.
Took the new car into the garage for the first oil change this afternoon. We had enough mileage on it to recommend a points inspection as well, and although the oil change was free, I had to pay for the inspection done.
There is another community Bridal Shower on Saturday. It is the second daughter of the folks we know - previously I went to the older daughters bridal Shower, and then to her baby shower.  When we were in Huntsville on Tuesday, we went into the WalMart and I bought a gift. So all I have to do is wrap it, and then go to the Shower on Sat. It is a Come and Go so I should be able to drop in, be polite, and leave??? We also went in to WalMart to get some pictures developed of the FUN RUN from Sunday where our Dutch neighbour (Ger)  ran. We took them over to them so he will have a remembrance of the event. His brother in law from across the street told Harry that Ger was only 63, and Ger told Harry he was 74, so we really don't know how old he is now, haha.  But he ran and finished the race so he was in good shape for that.  We, on the other hand, stood on sidelines and cheered.
Heard from our friends George and Monik from Medicine Hat, and they are vacationing in September and coming east ( were to come last Sept but that fell through.  So I shall have to give her a telephone call and go through that "song and dance" again.
Well, Harry is hanging over my shoulder so I'll sign off for now.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment