Saturday, August 27, 2016

Good Morning

'Tis Saturday again.  Always seems to roll around every week haha! (whether we like it or not) Harry is off and running, and I am having a coffee and pondering my day. I caught up (sort of) with the produce yesterday although there is always some to take care of, and with only a bit of laundry to get at, I may not have too bad of a day?  It's all in how you approach it right?
Hang in there Pati - you are doing so well with your regime, you will succeed. I'm here cheering you on.
Thursday I attended the retirement reception for Rennie that I mentioned to you. I am so glad I went. It was a refreshing few hours with old friends, and times remembered. I was a bit taken aback to experience folks coming into the room, spotting me standing and immediately coming over with a big smile and hug. Sometimes lately one starts to feel insignificant, and I guess it is these odd moments that are given to you to bring the spirit back.
Mike and Erin are in transition.  Erin was offered and accepted the job as Executive Director for a large Pre School conglomerate in Sudbury - now they need to make changes. I am very happy for her, and them, but also a little sad to see them move farther away. Life goes on though and they are young and need to forge a future for themselves.  Yesterday they phoned in crisis - the upstairs apartment has been vacant for a few weeks (I think it was a midnight move) but there was a smell coming from vents.  The landlord let Erin in and they found a horrible mess but in the midst of it was an abandoned cat. Mike and Erin love cats and could not let it go without help. They took it to an Animal Hospital on short notice and before they knew it the Vet was preparing the cat for surgery. She had a terrible infection in vagina and uterus and needed care immediately. They decided together to go ahead instead of euthanasia. However, as Mike tells us he left the cat at the Hospital with a hefty bill in his hands.I don't know when they'll get the cat home, and both are working over the weekend, but as I said, they are young and smart and will work it out.  In meantime, I worry!
Well, back to the day.  Hope all is well with you folks. Take careXX

No comments:

Post a Comment