Saturday, August 13, 2016

Bridal Shower - 'bin there, done that.....

Pouring rain all day - almost a blessed event. 
I went to the Shower this afternoon. Sat with the grandmother of the bride to be (this is how I actually felt an obligation to attend as it is with her that our association with family began) She now lives in Larder Lake - east of Kirkland Lake near Quebec border.  We had a good conversation catching up and talked through eating sandwiches, and decorated cake and the opening of the gifts. So I was there almost 2 hours. Others from town who attended noticed me so I guess I have met with local expectations haha!
This morning we got the call from the fruit folks around the Lake. We went and came home with two baskets of blue plums and two baskets of peaches. And then a scramble to find room for it all. Boy oh boy, lots of fun!
Now to bed. I do not have a Stone Barrington book to read so must find something equally as interesting to bide my time (I finished the current Stone book I was reading last night) I have another on order but it has been two weeks now - wonder where it is - probably coming from Kenora!
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment