Sunday, August 14, 2016

Dishes

Took my cue from Cathy today, and spent some time sorting out dishes and putting things back on to my top shelves.  I made such a fuss about having  a plate rail in there, (long story), that I figured I better use it.  Since we had to get the platters out, to make sure that the rail was in the right place, they were in place, but nothing else.  Since a lot of the stuff went at the garage sale, I was able to bring some of my remaining cups and saucers up, including the four saucers with plates that we all got from Mom.  Remember?  Since I sometimes have more than four ladies over, I acquired another two sets some, time ago.  Of course they don't match, but they are there to use, if needed. I have no idea what they are, or where they came from, and the only identifying marks say " Made in England", but they appear quite Art Deco, so are likely from the 30's.  Everything had to be hand washed--ugh!  But 'tis done.

Now to get on with the day.  David is watching Synchronized Swimming, and now the kitchen is tidy, I hope to spend some time in the studio, before heading out for shopping this afternoon.  We are cooking our last turkey this afternoon, and I refuse to eat it without cranberry sauce.  The turkey may be on the diet, but the sauce isn't, so that will have to be my "splurge" for this week.  Yesterday, I went out and got a "dark roast" coffee from Tim Horton's.  Not too bad, especially as the car ahead of me in the drive-thru paid for it!  Nice surprise, and one that I'm going to have to return one day.  I've received two coupons  as a result of my clothes buying spree awhile back, and they're time limited.  Today I think I'm going to pick up a couple of dressier T-shirts,  ( Is that an oxymoron?)   Then I should be able to get rid of a couple of the ones that are falling off my shoulders.  I wore the very nice blue one I got, on Friday, and received compliments.

Hope everyone gets to relax for a few minutes this weekend.  I'm sitting here with some very nice brewed loose leaf decaf Earl Grey in my "Duchess" mug,

No comments:

Post a Comment