Monday, August 15, 2016

All day job

Today I made tomato paste from fresh tomatoes. Took all day as it had to be reduced in the oven for hours. I got two small jars when all was said and done.  Yippee.
I spoke with my friend Monik in Medicine Hat this afternoon. I had called her yesterday but they were out, but she returned the call today.  Our plan will be to meet them in North Bay when they pass through en route to Kingston, rather than have them driving down to Sundridge. This seems a good alternative and we look forward to seeing each other. This was worrying me, and I hope that with this resolution I shall be able to settle down a bit.
Busy day in the yard today - I was trying to make room by moving stuff and cleaning up, for the new eavestrough company people who are scheduled to come on Friday to do the work. Tomorrow I shall slip into TD/Canada Trust to arrange the financing. We are going to Huntsville again - our regular weekly journey. Harry has a car full of treasures to take to his brother in law - he likes to tinker with stereos and speakers etc, so his gain will be our loss (yeah - a little more room here haha!)
Our Dutch neighbours leave for home on Wednesday - hard to believe it has been 6 weeks since they came.  I'd like to get a card and maybe a little gift of some sort to give them tomorrow as a going away token- don't know what but I like the idea as a friendly gesture. 
So, to bed, to bed, she said ....... read a bit, and hopefully sleep a bit - a few less worries are off my shoulder tonight so I may be lucky and get some shuteye!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment