Saturday, August 20, 2016

Ah,'tis Saturday

That must mean washing and tidying for Beth, while Harry is off foraging the neighbourhood, haha!  The new eavestroughs have been installed. It was a hard and trouble encountered adventure for the workers but they persevered, as did I. Although for me it was touch and go for awhile. One constantly has to keep one's sense of optimism at the fore. 

Cathy, what a treat indeed! I loved to see the picture - I made it as big as I could and took a virtual walk around the place remembering my visits and our walks on the trail etc. The idea of a drone flying around my place and taking pictures would have me a bit concerned but I guess this is becoming more the norm nowadays?

In the midst of the eavestroughs being replaced outside, in the kitchen was made 22 / one litre jars of crabapple juice. Today I must clean that up, and I suppose make ready for more of the same. I picked from only two of our trees to get those apples - still so many high up that I can't reach, and still so many on other trees. We also have some lovely bunches of grapes growing that I noticed in my walkabout yesterday.  I like to just eat hem once they ripen.

I received an invitation circuitously through my friend Sue to a retirement reception for my Clerical person of many years when I worked. It is to be on Thursday this week.  I haven't received a direct one on one invitation which I thought odd since it is from the Branch that I managed for years - that may come yet, but regardless I admired Rennie so much that I will attend anyway ( maybe they don't want to invite me ..haha!)

I missed the Google Olympic action logo this morning - I was really enjoying them.

Well, time carries on, so I better go.  Have a good weekend everyone! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment