Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Catch up

I see that Google is playing golf today.

We have been very lazy lately, simply sitting and watching the Olympics for a good portion of the day.  This gives me a little more time than usual for hand sewing, but even with that there comes a time when you have to move to the studio for machine finishing.

The diet is becoming a struggle, and I'm finding myself hungry more often than previously.  Some of this is boredom and habit.  Sitting in front of the tv has always been eating and/or drinking time.  But with all that has been happening in my life over the past two months, there have been many times when I have used my memory for recipes, rather than having the book open in front of me when preparing a meal.  My memory is pretty good, and I've learned that some things, like chicken and turkey, can be pretty well inter-changeable.  ( Not the type of oil, or type of nut)  However, looking through the book now, I'm seeing that there have been times, when I've not eaten an apple, that I'm entitled to, and to which the recipe depends, for its value.  We've also run into the time of year when you can't find boneless chicken breast for under  about $5.00 for 3 ounces, when you actually do the math.  So we have run out of chicken, and I've been eating an awful lot of fish.  Yesterday, I got totally frustrated in trying to find something for supper, so we went to Subway.  A 6" roast chicken breast sandwich, with lettuce and green pepper isn't that bad, except for the amount of bread.  We've also run out of Jujubes, and are not buying more.

I usually have my official weekly weigh in on Monday mornings, after taking a diuretic on Sunday.  ( Works for me!  This also makes Monday the best day for a "splurge, as well--therefore the Subway sandwich)  This morning I was only up 0.2 lb--quite a pleasant surprise!  Not that this justifies any further splurging, so penance, for breakfast, I had a scrambled egg with spinach from Phase 1.

So now, on with the day, which means more Olympics, which means more sore knees from lack of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment