Tuesday, August 16, 2016

And to day was all about me!

It wasn't planned that way!  David wanted to buy some bread, but wanted to buy it at the bakery--on the other side of town.  Seniors get a discount on Tuesdays, and the bread is cheaper there than at the local store ( same bread).  With the added gas, I'm not sure it ended up actually cheaper, but it got us out of the house.  Then he points out that I didn't get any bead containers from Lee Valley, despite buying beads in the area yesterday, so off to Lee Valley.  There was a Pennington's across the street so I asked if we could take a look, still antsy after the disastrous shopping trip Sunday.  They had a sale on.  I got 3 pair of pants, ( size 18)and two T-shirts for less than $70.  Then it was off to St. Vital Centre to buy some more tea towels at the Bay, and since we were there, maybe two pair panties?  Panties on sale, bought 6--2 sizes smaller than I've been wearing.  Got the last two packages of tea towels, found on a bottom shelf, with torn packaging.  Bet we never see them again!  We had both forgotten that there was a Bay at Polo Park, and we drove right by.  

Then toward home, but because there had been a good sale at the Pennington's across town, stopped in the one here, just to check out T-shirts, which were what I really needed in the first place.  Bought 4 more--on sale.

The personal cost of this is that I have to get rid of some old, discoloured panties, (ya' think??) and I have to get rid of the Weekender trousers, that I bought in the early 90's.  They are still in good shape, but really don't fit.  These are the pants that fell part way down, when I put the car keys in the pocket.

Home now, and we're both beat.  It's been hot and humid, despite the downpour that occurred as we were unpacking the car. The laundry is going, and will be for awhile. Supper will be simple again, and we have the stock to deal with, but that may just wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment