Thursday, August 18, 2016

Juicing time again...

All set to start the juicing process in the morning. I just hauled up all the necessary equipment from the basement, and organized the kitchen - sort of, anyway.  Today we picked crab apples and picked crab apples, and picked crab apples!  This process will last for another few weeks so it gets rather hectic to say the least. 
The workers for the eavestroughs will be here at 0830 am. He phoned awhile ago to confirm them coming. I also cleared up around the house in preparation for them It will be hard going around the back because the crab apple tree there has it's branches hanging over the edge of the roof loaded down with fruit.  We haven't picked that tree yet. I thought Harry might be able to trim them off, and we could have picked the fruit off of them on the ground but he choose not to. 
The 'fruit people'called at 6 pm to say they had arrived from the south and were loaded with all sorts of fruit. We will try to get out there tomorrow but I don't want to go on my own, and we won't leave with the workers here. Also once we start to do the juicing it is a full time job with me running interception - I'm like the proverbial 'gopher" haha.
I walked up to the library this afternoon - it has been a month since I ordered the next book in the series, and still not in.  So I took out two more Stone Barrington books - the next one's on my list that were actually on the shelf. Pati, have you seen or heard whether the next Louise Penny Gamache novel is available yet.  It was supposed to be released in August 2016.
Well, tomorrow will be another busy day so I better head for bed, start one of the books I got today, and then crash.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment