Tuesday, August 2, 2016

It is sad...

But sometimes trees do have to come down. In our area Hydro One is on a frenzy cutting trees and clearing hydro lines. They have been challenged because of all our power outages in the past few years and more particularly this past year, to improve service and confidence level of customers. 
I just watched The Quilt Show - 1903 - Jane La Fazio Show. I so enjoyed what she was doing with stencils and needle felting, and I thought of you Pati - have you done any needle felting lately?
The best part of watching The Quilt Show now for me is the speed. before changes were made by ?them, the buffing took so long it would take almost 2 1/2 to three hours for me to watch one show. Just now it was just a bit over one hour - so much more reasonable.
All we have done is water - this heat is almost too much. For me it is OK but for Harry, he cannot tolerate it. 
We have a new gadget/machine. It is called Yonanas Frozen Dessert Maker (from DOLE)- is makes frozen fruit desserts - produces consistency of soft ice cream made from fresh fruit that has been frozen. Nothing in it except frozen fresh fruit - bananas being one of the main ingredients.  I urge you to look into these - go on line , or peak at one in the store. We checked in Canadian Tire today - new they cost about $66.00 but Harry got an essentially new one at a garage sale this past weekend for $10.00. I like it.
Bed time and more reading - this Stone Barrington is a real character, isn't he!!!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment