Monday, August 1, 2016

Salsa

Today I shall complete my Zucchini Salsa which was started yesterday. Some of it had to be left overnight - with pickling salt, and then this morning drained and rinsed before the other ingredients are added , boiled and bottled. Yesterday Harry also made his own recipe of salsa and got 8 pint jars done.  This will use up the cucumbers and tomatoes we have had on hand right now- but there are lots more growing as we speak. haha!
I got desperate for reading something last night so pulled out a Stone Barrington novel I had here at the house - one I had bought at the ReStore and holding until it's title (Hot Mahogany) came up on my list. It also has Holly Barker in it and I can tell that her story line has changed since I read her last novel.  But I guess it will all sort itself out when I at last can read in order? I maybe have set myself up by wanting to read them in chronological order, especially since the Library cannot always accommodate my desires.
Hard to believe it is August- as I turned the calendars onward to a new month this morning.  Of course, I make a little ceremony with this event as I do every new month!  Hoping that we will hear from the eavetrough man this week - he said two weeks when we last spoke and today it is two weeks!
Well, the kitchen is now mine - Harry has finished getting his breakfast made. So here I go, ready or not.  Hope your day will be just great.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment