Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Struggling

Monday was not good.  The diet wasn't working for me.  This happened the one other time I managed to lose weight.  I got down to about the same weight, as I am now, and just lost whatever it was that had kept me going, and the weight started to creep back up.  So yesterday morning I sat down and started reading parts of the book again.  I know the diet works, but I need to work with the diet.  I came up with a plan. 
- I am going to go back to using the phases, as they are intended to              be used, 
- I'm not going to worry about throwing out a few veggies, if they              are old and not on the plan for that week. (threw out 1/2                    banana today,and David supported me about it.)
-I'm going to make a better effort to drink what I'm supposed to be drinking:
         -add at least one more cup of green tea per day-more if I can
         -cut 1 can of Dr. Pepper per day (half of what I've had, but I'm            not going to stop completely--that is setting myself up for                failure. I'll substutute with lemon water.)
-increase my use of lentils and chick peas
-buy pistachios in the shell--I had stopped using them because of               cost when bought shelled--$26.95/lb
-go back to measuring everything--I was getting lazy
-try to use all of the recipes in a section, not just my favourites-I                 was getting lazy
-cook with the recipes in front of me-don't rely on memory. I was               getting lazy.
-make more effort to differentiate between habit hunger, boredom             hunger, and real hunger.
-make an effort to keep my hands busy and clean (sewing).  An old           strategy, but a good one for me.

Yesterday went well.  I had extra green tea, and will try to have it with every meal today.  It was a struggle not to have that first can of Dr. Pepper, as I knew that I would have a can while playing poker in the evening--but I did it.  I need to bake a small batch of cookies for ladies visiting soon, and David had forgotten where he had hidden the chocolate chips from me--so I had to tell him where they were.  But I stayed away from the jujubes!  I have the plan written down, and will post it on the fridge.

David is washing wine bottles today, something he prefers to do in the kitchen.  When he mentioned it, I had visions of having to clean up and sort out the laundry area--a job that's on my list but being ignored.  But I want to do some dyeing and leaf printing today, so maybe today's the day.  Later, or maybe tomorrow, we have to head out to buy tea--over on the other side of town.  Starting to run out of green tea for some reason.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment