Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Around the Neighbouthood

We had a very small bunny at the feeder this evening.  The babies we have been following are much larger now, than this one.  I wonder if this represents a second litter, this year.

The neighbour next door is fixing up his house.  He's quite excited about it and, every time we speak with him, tells all about how wonderful it is to have a line of credit. He has had the whole exterior of the house painted, and I rather like the colours he has chosen.  ( I think there is a lady in the background helping him)  Today he had both of the windows in the front of the house replaced.  While he had a big picture window, now he has one that has the appearance of many smaller panes.  On the other side, where there were two wide but short windows, he has put in one larger wide but short one, again with the smaller panes.  Sure makes our property look old and run down.  I'll try to see if I can get a picture--maybe tomorrow.

This evening, after supper, we went out for ice cream, to a shop at a nearby mall.  This shop advertises itself as a high end specialty shop, where the ice cream is made, in house, daily.  I knew exactly what I wanted--strawberry ice cream with lots of chocolate bits, and maybe some chocolate sauce.  Well, they had no  strawberry ice cream.  I go to this store for their strawberry ice cream, and was told that they haven't had any for a week.  There wasn't as much variety as usual, but finally I settled on Praline, got my chocolate bits, but figured that hot fudge sauce wouldn't go with the Praline ice cream, so had to settle for caramel sauce.  All they could give me for sundae topping was white chocolate bits.  David was unable to find much he liked, as well.  The two small sundaes came to almost $17.00.  I don't think I'll be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment