Saturday, June 30, 2018

What a storm

Now, that was a real storm last night. They warned of severe thunderstorms and by golly they were not kidding! I eventually gave up worrying and covered my head with the sheets. This morning I handled the outcome - lots of muddy water at the front of the house, and several things blown over. Surprisingly the umbrellas we have in the tables around the yard remained upright.
I read in the Free Press of the torrential rains in your parts Cathy How did you fair? The Dauphin Music Fest was highlighted as experiencing the rains but the show went on...Here, there is more in the offing warned to come so i shall wait and see although right now the sun is shining.
I just made a batch of peanut butter cookies the whole time listening to The Beach Boys. Nothing to boost your spirits than to dance around in the kitchen to the music haha! We are going to Mikes tomorrow so i am preparing some treats and we shall take the makings for "make your own " sandwiches or bunwiches -whichever we buy.  Take care - let me know how you folks are making out with weather warnings? 

No comments:

Post a Comment