Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Yes

I did go with option 2, and the little piece is finished and tucked away in hopes that it's needed to replace one of the others that are already in the show, and will, hopefully, sell this weekend.  I recovered the two pieces I had in the gift shop in Selkirk, and was able to deliver all of my items for the sale, that is concurrent to the exhibit.  Fingers crossed!

Yesterday, I volunteered in the gallery in Selkirk, and we were very busy.  So busy that I was exhausted when I got home.  All I had the ambition for was a couple of "peskies" for supper.  Poor David had had a rough day as well.  Doors have been his problem recently.  Firstly, we had finally replaced the handle to the front screen door.  It had "crystallized" and broke off in the extreme cold we had during the winter.  Then, the mail box fell off the house yesterday, and he didn't have the screws to fix it, so that meant a trip to Rona after I got home.  (I just sat in the car and read a book while he shopped).  Earlier in the day the hinge had come off the back door, but he had that repaired when I got home.  During the night, the bathroom door came of one of its hinges, and we faced that this morning.  He needed my help in fixing it, and I just wasn't capable of bending over, and holding the door in position while he worked, even with my corset on.  Then he had trouble getting up off the floor, when the job was done.  Old age is a bitch.

A couple of weeks ago, I treated myself to a new Manitoba road map--Manitoba Back Roads.  We needed one, and I had spotted this.  What a neat map!  Then, over the weekend, Keri delivered the fibre show, while she was in town, and commented that she had come via hwy 227.  Since I had never heard of it, and had this handy map to check it out.  I've spent a bit of time looking at it thoroughly, and have found Cathy's road, and where the sale is this weekend.  I think it's going to be useful.

Monday, we got a couple of batches of Rhubarb Pineapple jam made.  Last time we made it, the jam crystallized before we could eat it all, so this time, we were a little more careful in the timing.  It's just a bit "runny", but it spreads quite nicely, so no problem.

Time to face the day. As well as the bathroom door, David has just announced that he has finished replacing all of the downspouts on the house and garage.  My accomplishment is several levels of Candy Crush.  Not quite in the same category, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment