Friday, June 29, 2018

Happy Canada Day?

All indications of a very hot and unsettling weekend ahead with very high temperatures and threatening thunderstorms. We do need some rain badly, but not the kind that comes with bad weather and thunderstorms. I continue to water regularly and it becomes a routine starting in one corner and working my way around the yard. But it can also be relaxing as one's mind can wonder while still being productive. Sound silly?  I would love to get some pictures and see if i can send any via this blog or maybe the email. There must be some way for me to figure it out on my own. I just need some time at the computer to do so. Let me try...maybe I shall be successful and over the next few days you shall receive some of my pictures. Pati, you have the knack and Cathy you have also sent some so maybe it is just me haha! Or, I can always blame it on the computer. 
I have been able to do some before bed reading this week and this pleases me as I always did love to relax a bit before bed. i am into the novel The Marrow Thieves - one of the books from Canada Reads that Mike gave me. I like it when you folks tell me what you are reading as it gives me ideas to look into - the Library has eluded me for so long.
There is a little park ( a few vacant lots donated by an old established family for use by the residents) up the street where i walk Bailey and the village has not cut the grass yet this year and it is more like an overgrown field - higher than poor Bailey. I went into the Town office the other day to enquire as to when i might expect it to be done. yesterday i received a phone call back to say the Works department has been busy and has not been able to get to it yet but is aware . So who knows when it will be done but at least I feel I did my best as a tax payer and user of such space provided for citizens.
So onward with the day and coming weekend. Enjoy the time but take care with the pending weather issues. The celebrations for Canada day will take place here tomorrow with parades and pigroast and games etc. We do not usually attend and since it is Sat Harry will be off to garage sales and the like, so maybe not too exciting for us. i am just as pleased to stay home. By for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment