Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Quickie morning post...

Just a few words to get the day going...sunny and cooler this morning which is a blessing after muggy humid conditions last few days. it rained yesterday off and on which either helped or made it worse? We were in North Bay yesterday - first to do a shopping and see the stores, and second to attend the Scott Woods Band Show in the evening. This is the "Fiddling Up A Storm" show I told you about.. We have not gone to North Bay for quite awhile - it was our usual destination each week to shop but somehow Huntsville took over top spot.  Anyway the weather there was rainy but with it came a drastic drop in temperature and humidity which was most welcome.
The Show was, again, exceptional. Maybe the best we have seen of this Band. I truly enjoy the music and entertainment provided. They highlighted local talent as well and welcomed a short performance of children playing fiddles and then tap dancing - all from the School owned and operated by my violin teacher from many years ago. It brought back happy memories as I have always loved that time of learning to play ( and wish I could still pick up my violin and go at it haha!)
It was a long day though, and I am totally bushed. I am so laggy but as they say "the show must go on" and there is much work to be done both inside and outside. Just to leave the outside work undone for a day makes a huge difference. The plants don't take days off !  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment