Saturday, June 16, 2018

Detailed Instructions.....

Thank you for the details. Now I have a chance to see what I can do. The skirt with the elastic waistband may be the best solution although I like the wraparound style too. I have copied the instructions you sent Pati and shall digest them in a quiet moment. I have enough fabric in my bins from which to choose, so that will not be a problem - only to get down and do it!  I thank you both for your feedback.
Yesterday we had a very nice visit with Mike to celebrate his Birthday. Beautiful day and good for travelling. We left early so that Harry could get his meat loaf into the oven to bake for an early lunch. We let Mike sleep in and after I made a coffee we went outside and I did some weeding around his flower beds. He cut his grass but has not trimmed or weeded out in the beds. He has some nice perennials - hosta, bleeding heart and other ground covers that could flourish if weeded. He is not a gardener and admits to it. If I were able I would love to spend a day or two there to help him get it under control. There was one big rhubarb patch untended so we picked some of it and brought it home. I will have to do something with it now.  The rhubarb crumble cake I took for his Birthday was a good hit - he likes it and made with splenda allows him to enjoy it. We had steamed rice that Mike made in his new steamer ( he is so happy with this purchase and ease he has to make it for himself) and also breaded deep fried cauliflower and carrots with the meal and fresh vegetables to nibble on. Lots of leftovers for him.  After we left he was going into Sudbury with his old army friend who also lives in Markstay with his family, and they were meeting up with another old friend from North Bay who now lives in Sudbury with his partner, and they were going to go to a Karaoke night - spend the night at the friends house and then head back to Markstay today. A little celebration I guess. As well, as we were there he received a message  (all the communication these days is done on the smart phones -I am so old fashioned haha!) from old friends he had in the military and lived near him in North Bay before going to Petawawa. He had lost track of them until this message came through. Another old friend had been the conduit to this reconciliation. The man of this couple is still in the military, currently deployed in Kuwait. Mike was happy to be connected with them again.
The best news for the day was that Mike has been accepted into Laurentian University to start in the Fall - the  four year History course that he especially wanted.  I am very happy for him, and especially proud of his initiative and fortitude in pursuing his dream - he is heading down a new road and he is thrilled.  All I can do is wish him well, and support him as much as I can. The rest is up to him. 
Time for another coffee and some breakfast. Then on with the day. So much housework to catch up on, and even more work to do outside. Maybe, instead, I should just make myself a new skirt haha! Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment