Saturday, April 27, 2019

Ah...shucks!

Well Pati, in this case the anticipation was greater than the actual event. I was so looking forward to your feedback, and hoping for a glowing description with expectations of a return for more. Not to be! But as you say, you came home with a few ideas.
This morning there is snow and blowing. Cannot seem to cut a break with weather at all. The greenhouses are heated but the outside shelves may take a beating. I covered with sheets and then tarps to keep the forecast snow at bay, but with below zero temps and blowing snow, what are we to do? At least for the most part the winter snow has melted and we see ground and green coming up - Harry's garlic is about two to three inches up so maybe he'll have a good crop of that this year.
We have done not much of anything as well - going shopping and cleaning the birds and walking to the Lottery store are my highlights. haha! The tickets I buy are not even winners.
I did watch a few Quilt Shows on the computer and they always fill me with "what if's" but I know I'll never get at it. I wanted so badly to unearth my sewing machine and at least sew a few seams but even that desire waned quickly with the need to water the plants and then cover up.
I went up to the Library Wednesday evening to return my books and seek out others. The Librarian told me that the lending Library options are suspended now - the wonderful Government of ours has slashed the budget by 50 % - there have been layoffs ( in the south they have a courier deliver the books and so they are layed off) The books up here are mailed out and the local Library pays for that service. At the end of June they are reassessing the situation with other options on the table but for now it looks as if I am stuck with what the local Library has. Anyway, I took out a Kate Morton book - Cathy you recommended this author- so I am reading that now. This Library has lots and lots of John Sandford books but none of the The Kidd series.  Have either of you read any of his other books?
So I carry on, carrying on. And always look forward to your messages. Take care fo now.

No comments:

Post a Comment