Thursday, April 11, 2019

Computers and other aggravations

My computer is pissing  me off again.  Microsoft issues.  So I will ignore them.   We got eavestrough put on the front of the garage yesterday. $370 with no receipt.  More if we asked for a receipt.  Jim might have been able to buy all the necessary pieces and done it himself, but it would have taken weeks to finish.  These guys had it all up in an hour.  I am looking forward to not have water running onto my head and huge lumps of ice in the winter.  We put some up years ago, but it was used then, and developed a lot of leaks.  Finally we took it down and lived with ice lumps for the last few years.  Yesterday I got up and did nothing all morning.  Weird feeling.  Then I culled cookbooks.  I sure have a lot, but I enjoy reading them and imagining making something new.  Then I make what I know.  Tonight is some of the huge batch of chicken vegetable soup I made a couple of weeks ago.  It is a sunny, but very cold and windy today so soup will be nice and warm.  We picked up a used lawn sweeper yesterday, and Jim wants to get out and use it, but we have way too much snow left to try and sweep the lawn.  It will be great for picking up all the pine needles that blew off over the winter. You can see them sitting on the snow.   He also got some replacement tines for the lawn de-thatcher, but I think the lawn sweeper has him more excited.  I cleaned my stove and oven this morning. Enough work for the day 😇.  I will have to sort pictures tomorrow.  Jim did a whole box the other day and put pictures aside to go to other family members.  Now it is my turn to sort.  I still have to find an Easter present for Chloe.  I saw a badminton set at Giant Tiger that was all racket with only a short handle.  Hard to miss the birdie that way, so I think I will get it.  I always gave my kids one chocolate thing and a toy or something else useful.  I put the lighter blanket on the bed today and washed the big, heavy one.  I kept an extra quilt out for Jim's side of the bed cause I know he will get cold tonight, just because.  And now I will find a book and curl up.  The one I am reading right now is a very old novel by Helen MacInnes.  It is interesting only in that it is from 1950 and shows the fear of communism that existed at that time and describes how people were seduced into fanatical belief.  70 years later and we are still having people seduced into fanatical belief.... just a different kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment