Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Rather chilly right now....

I just came back in from covering plants and turning on the heaters in the greenhouses. I had been out earlier to take the covers off etc but as it did not warm up any over last few hours, I reversed my process to try to protect what I can. The rest of the day will be spent in the house even if I tried to do a bit of work outside earlier. I guess I am trying to rush things too much, or rather anxious to get out and busy myself.  I, too, am struggling with weight which has become evident in tight slacks and in thinking about my diet it has been haphazard and frivolous - too much sweets and other such foods that do not do much for the regimen I had been following with great success. Having said that, I baked off another roll of refridgerator cookies this morning - I mentioned I had found a roll in the freezer - but not just one roll - I found four so what is a girl going to do!!
Yesterday I splurged and bought new underwear for myself - badly needed. I need to purge the old tattered ones that I have been trying to preserve as long as I could. Mom always said to wear good clean underwear whenever we went out - for the most part I have tried to follow this but once they start to fall apart your choice is then quite limited haha!
My lilies are still fresh and fragrant - Harry cannot stand them but I love them and will cherish them for as long as they will last.
Now Pati I believe your Breakfast meeting is to be held on Friday. have a great time - I shall be thinking of you! 
Lots of flooding in our parts right now - in Huntsville the streets are covered - we witnessed some of it yesterday. In Bracebridge further down the highway ( where my friend Sue lives) they have declared a state of emergency. Highway 17 from North Bay south towards Ottawa had to be closed and caused detours for many lasting over 14 hours to come down Highway 11 and backtrack through Algonquin park. Perhaps not as bad as we are hearing from Quebec or the Maritimes, but bad enough. I had been following the red river news in the free Press but that fortunately did not cause any real issues this year for you folks and others around there.
Well, off to do the dishes and then get busy with this and that.  I have a Library book due in a few days that is not quite finished so i would love to just sit and read - maybe I should make a cup of tea and do just that???  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment