Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Today was the day

for my excursion into Riveriew.  Not much change since our trip when you were here, Beth.  The sale was at the house on the North East corner of Mabel and Maplewood, as I had expected.  I believe that house has pre-dated our old house by several years.  The sale was in the basement, and did the basement ever look old and decrepit.  It was only partially finished, and not very well.  I felt "grubby" just being there.  The sale had some interesting ceramic work, but far more than my purse could manage.  ( And a kiln in the middle of the floor) The display of goodies and wine was as big as the sale area, and the event appeared to be more of a friendly neighbourhood gathering than anything else.  Then Gail wanted to explore the dike, so we took a trip around the back of the hospitals.  She then told me that she had lived at the west end of Jubilee while going to the U. of Wpg, and could remember taking the Morley bus to school.

Then we went to Starbucks for a bit of supper.  I found a dish there that had slightly fewer calories than the eggs I usually have, and provided a better meal.  But the coffee cake I didn't have is still calling me.  David had Coconut Shrimp, at home.

Since I don't want to wear myself out, or do too much prior to my teaching gig on Sunday, a lot of the day was spent playing in the studio, with my little traditional quilt.  The instructions require putting together one block at a time, and every block is different, it will be time consuming, but I'm prepared.  I just hope I don't run out of energy before it's finished.  For the same reason, I'm pacing myself, by only doing one block at a time, or taking as many days as necessary to finish one block.

No comments:

Post a Comment