Friday, April 19, 2019

Lots of news

Happy to log on and see all sorts of news from you both. However, not too happy to hear that you are stricken again Pati with your back ailments. Take it easy! And Cathy you are really going to town with that book purging! Maybe you too, should take it easy haha!
I baked this morning and to show for it are corn meal muffins, and bran muffins to take to Mike's, and some refridgerator cookies for me! I found two frozen rolls in the freezer downstairs - surprise! Now I can treat myself.
Nothing but rain here but not half as bad as Ii thought it might be so it is manageable so far. We worked in the greenhouses yesterday afternoon ( yes, in the rain) and organized a little to make room for more.  So now the parsley and the geraniums are all outside to stay. It is so nice to see the geraniums all in red flower but I hope that they will be ok - I think it is too early but Harry needed the room. I turned the outside water on yesterday as well - always a day to write down the date as I hate turning it on too early - this is the earliest so far. We were using the plastic pop bottles filling in the house and carrying out but they are all gone now and replaced by the hose.
Today I clean the bird cages and being a holiday and lower hydro rates, I think I will get started with the wash as well. Why is it always work? 
Pati your Christmas ornaments are beautiful - will they all be the same colour or do you have other silks you can use? What a neat idea to get together with the others to do the work.  As you probably know I never went back to that Quilt group after the new year and now see why it would be impossible for me to have continued- always something here at home to do. But I have other activities to keep me busy here - but, it is just the socialization that is the really important aspect of those outings, isn't it?
So I must get on with the birds and get them all cleaned up (and have another cookie haha!) Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment