Tuesday, April 16, 2019

ENOUGH!!


Enough snow!  Enough cold!  And especially, enough wind!  It's mid-April, for Pete's sake!


Busy week in this house. Yesterday there was a morning meeting out in Selkirk.  To my relief, on Sunday, the Selkirk bridge was re-opened, after it's yearly close down due to flooding.  The road was good but there was still water on each side as one approached the bridge.  Once I got home, there were errands to run in preparation for my ladies tea this afternoon.  In the past, they have enjoyed some cookies that I get at a grocery store in a local mall, so off we go to pick up some cookies, and drop David's boots off for new heels, in the same mall.  Grocery store is gone ( it was still there a month ago), and the shoemaker was closed on Mondays.  We checked out a bakery in the same mall, where they wanted $2.00/each for Oatmeal cookies.  Nope!  Not going to pay that.

So off to another grocery store, not far from home, where I found 12 large cookies, a variety of types, for $8.00.  

I didn't sleep well Sunday night, and by the time we got home, I was ready for a nap.  That didn't help much, so the rest of the evening was spent, in my housecoat, vegging out, and one at a time, tackling the simpler chores on my "to do" list for today. Then, this morning, two of the ladies cancelled out on me, one of them using the excuse that she had to finish her taxes--the ones that aren't due for 2 weeks. O-o-k-a-y?!

Today David's income tax refund came.  We have plans for the money, so he'll head out while the ladies are here to do the banking, and then finally take his boots in to the, now open, shoemaker. Tomorrow we have a 6:00 am doctor's appointment, I have a coffee date with my friend Gail, in the afternoon, and there is a LQG meeting in the evening, that I must attend.

Thursday, I'm volunteering, for the day, in Selkirk.  I think that I'll be so tired by the end of that marathon, that a four day weekend will be just fine. 

Next Friday, the 26th, I have been invited to a breakfast meeting at the Oakwood Cafe.  I have heard good things about that place, and believe it has been around for quite a few years, but certainly after our time in the neighbourhood.  I believe it's in a small mall on the northeast corner of Oakwood and Osborne.  I'm quite looking forward to it, as well as a short sight seeing trip through the old neighbourhood-maybe?



No comments:

Post a Comment