Sunday, April 7, 2019

Little bites...

The conversations that we have had over the last few days on the blog and also over the phone have resonated for me and yesterday I decided for myself to start to take those "little bites" to try to do something here at my place to placate my feeling of despair with my surroundings. I vacuumed and scrubbed the kitchen floor, and landing and down the stairs to the basement.And I moved a few items that have been lying on the floor since being brought home some time ago. It not only cleansed the surroundings, but also cleansed my soul haha.... Go figure! Now if I can keep it up? But I thank you both for the opportunity to see things a bit different for myself as well. So thank you!
Milder weather promises a few showers in the forecast but things are gradually starting to melt. The neighbour Gerd across the street spoke with me on the street yesterday - we often cross paths walking our dogs. His sister is dying and he plans to fly to Germany after Easter but he wonders if I can help Ruth with her IV infusions twice a week while he is gone. She does them on her own now and no Nurses come to the house anymore but she still has Gerd help her as it makes it easier to manage the tubes etc.  So of course I said I would help them out. I confirmed with him that I was NOT holding myself out as a RN ( I cannot now with no registration) but as he says, he is helping her and he is not a Nurse! So she self manages, and that I can assist with - and have a coffee with her besides!
Next Wednesday I will be going to Mike's for two days to help him out. He is writing Finals and the ones Thursday and Friday start at 9 am and he asked if I could drive him into campus and drop him off at the exam site - his assigned parking spot is right across on the other side of campus from this site, and takes him at least 30 minutes to walk there - so I shall drive him and drop him at the site and then park in his spot and wait - then pick him up 3 hours later and do it all again the next day. And I can take care of meals and hide in the house while he studies. The exam on Sat starts at 7 pm so I told him he would have to manage that on his own as I must come back home on Friday afternoon. Then his fourth Final isn't until April 24 after Easter so he will manage that on his own as well. A little break like this will do me some good as well.  I have books lined up for reading, and also my hexi quilt to work on so I shall be just fine! Apparently, there is a Starbucks and a Tim Hortons close to his parking area in the Classroom / Library Buildings so I can also treat myself to a coffee while I wait to pick him up. I downloaded a campus map and have oriented myself to the area already - always prepared I am....haha!
Time to check my Lottery tickets and have some breakfast before this day starts in earnest Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment