Friday, April 26, 2019

Brunch

Today was my brunch meeting at the Oakwood Cafe.  Can't say I was impressed with the cafe.  It was small and crowded.  We had asked for the meeting room, and then found out that they didn't open it until noon, and, of course our reservation was for 10:00 to 12:00.  they started to give us the "bum's rush: about 11:30, saying that they had another reservation at 12:00 and we would have to go.  there was nothing acceptable on my diet there, so I settled for a Denver sandwich, which I've found in about the lest offensive thing, diet wise.  I'm not sure if it was a little uncooked in the middle of if there was melted cheese in there.  But the potatoes they served with the sandwich were great, although I later found out they were deep fried.  Then it was home and off grocery shopping.  Friday afternoon of both pay day and month end isn't a good time to shop at the larger stores.

I did come home after the meeting with ideas buzzing around in my head.  I've tried writing some of them down, and will force myself to put a few in the sketch book tomorrow.

Now it's time to slow down after three poker tournaments, maybe read a bit, and then head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment