Wednesday, April 3, 2019

An unusual Day

Yesterday was a little unusual.  We went to see the movie Captain Marvel. The show started at 5:20, so I cooked the pork tenderloin I had in Cathy's marinade for over 24 hours, and we ate it at shortly after 4:00. We had popcorn at the movie, and then a snack just before bed.  Not a great day for dieting.  The movie has been well received by the public, although a few of the critical  reviews termed the plot as "uncomprehensible".  I wore my hearing aid, and was able to detect a bit of a plot, so quite enjoyed myself.

My back has been a problem lately.  I've been wearing  my lumbar corset for the last 4-5 days ( And that's another story!*&%$#@)  I've also been having difficulty rising to standing.  I took my cane and used it, and we planned ahead to try to use the row of seats set aside for the handicapped.  We've never used those rows before.  There were only three seats, and one clearly marked as reserved for the companion of  someone using a wheelchair.  The seats were no better than any other in the theatre, but there was more leg room.  That did the trick.  I was much more comfortable and was able to get up out of the seat, with no more maneuvering than getting our of a low chair at home. I think David had more trouble getting up than I did.  I wish I could say the same for the handicapped stall in the washroom.  The grab bar was on the right, and of very little use to me.  I will avoid that washroom in future.

The morning was spent starting the quilting on my "Spring" hanging with the tree.  I'm now waiting for some thread I had ordered, before I can go any further.  The Post Office says it will be delivered tomorrow.  I've saved the overall pattern thinking that it might be the springboard to a "Seasons" series.  I've also spent some time, lately, thinking about a design problem that has plagued me for over a year.  I have the seed of an idea that I plan to work on a bit more.  I would really like to solve this one, and that solution may involve that wonderful skein of hand spun yarn that I bought at the Fibre Festival last fall.

Of course, I could also do a bit of house work.  Nah!  Not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment