Monday, April 22, 2019

Why, yes, indeed!!

A lovely visit indeed for our Easter Sunday get together at Mike's. The day was truly glorious with sun and warmth. I could not believe how much snow had disappeared at Mike's since I had only been there the week before.   When I was there I was trying to shovel snow around his summer car - at that time, it was totally covered with snow on top of tarps, and surrounded by large snow banks.  When we drove up Sunday to his place there was his car parked in the driveway, and not a bit of snow around at all. As he tells us he brought it out of the winter storage arrangement he made in his yard, and had washed it and checked all the tires and oil and gas etc and had actually driven it to North Bay on Saturday to do a shopping and meet up with some acquaintances. He also relates being trailed by the OPP into North Bay and then again once back on the highway home. This car - a Challenger - is a magnet for Police observation, but he is not stopped - he does not draw attention to himself except by the appearance of the car alone.
My house is filled with the very pleasant but very strong smell of a bouquet of lilies that Mike gave me. I love them but he found them too strong for his little place and was sorry he had chosen them - I was not, as I truly like them and their smell haha! 
Very busy today with plants and greenhouse and yard... but accomplished much. Now I have to go out before too long and shut the greenhouses but more important to cover up all the four shelves lined along the sidewalk covered with little tomatoes. They were taken out of the greenhouses to make more room but.... now starts the work of covering and uncovering every day. I also have a table covered with hanging baskets of the tumbler tomatoes inside on a card table. They will also have to taken out and brought in everyday.  C'est la vie ????
Tomorrow to Huntsville, but first to drop off some more paperwork at the Accountant for Mike's taxes. They had asked about the tuition for his semester Sept to Dec 2018 and while at Mike's he and I went on the computer and searched out the documentation required. I am hoping it may make a positive difference for his taxes.
It is really a joy to finally see the snow disappearing - I can hardly wait to get into the yard and start to cleanup a bit - I have a goal for this year to make a positive difference in the appearance of the yard, and hope it will come to pass. Note how I am focusing on making positive differences in many aspects of my life haha!
So take care for now - let me know how things are going for you both! 

No comments:

Post a Comment