Monday, April 29, 2019

now to relax--for the moment

Finally it's over. ( see other blog) Yesterday I taught my class.  We were out at the University.  It's been a lot of years since I was on campus--nearly 30, but nothing changes.  We were able to find the place with no problem.  It's also just the same--a wasteland on the weekends.  Someone had tied an ironing board to a street post  in front of the building, and everyone joked about seeing that and knowing they had found the place.  I ended up with 12 students, and they had to go out and have more handouts printed for me.  I was expecting 9 and had brought an extra one just in case, but ---.  the students were eager and excited.  There were very few problems and the class went well.  Everything came home safely, thanks to my new special carrier for the machine, but it all has to now be put away again.

Unfortunately, the food was excellent.  We had cinnamon buns and banana bread and some other similar bread for morning coffee.  Four different salads and a four big platters of variety of sandwiches, as well as the left overs from coffee and blueberry pie for lunch, then leftover pie and wonderful cookies, as well as leftover pie, with afternoon coffee.  We were well fed.

Later, David and I went out for supper.  We had planned this, expecting that we would both be hungry. The menu wasn't too exciting, and we both ended up ordering Steak and Mushroom pie.  Thank Goodness this was made with puff pastry.  I don't think I could have eaten standard savory pastry.  It also came with a  very small, undressed, salad.  An excellent supper, and I might have it again--in a weak moment.

Few plans for this week, which is a "Good Thing".  I will be going out to Selkirk on Thursday, to start to pull together the reports etc for the AGM, which is May 29th.  Some sort of package needs to be sent out a minimum of 7 days in advance.  We also have an appointment to discuss our house insurance Wednesday morning, but I believe David has a file ready to go, on that.  At some point this week, the fellow is coming to do the Spring yard clean-up, but we don't know what day.  I sure hope he doesn't show up Wednesday morning. 

This morning I received a letter telling me that it's time for a mammogram.  Usually they're scheduling well in advance, but I managed to get one next Tuesday.  This will be my last, as I've aged out of the system.

So, off to the bank, and then to the basement, to start sorting out my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment