Friday, May 15, 2009

A different view

Yesterday we were both a little restless. Cold weather and wanting to get out to work in the garden (hohoho). So we decided to goout to buy a fish--a whole fish. Now where do you find whole fish in Mnaitoba--especially in May. Gimli Fish Market--Dufferin and McGregor. It was much smaller than I thought it would be, and they didn't appear to have any whole fish!! We asked and were directed to a freezer, where I found a lovely wild Lake Trout, about four times the size I wanted for my fish printing. The look on her face when we checked to make sure it had all its fins and both eyes was a hoot. I bought a little frozen Goldeye as well so that I could have a small fish. Now, I'll be using water soluable paint, so I figure I can wash it off and eat it afterward. DH won't eat fish, so I think I'll be eating it for about a week. It'll take awhile to thaw it, so I plan to do the actual printing on Monday.

The different view?? Well that is sure a strange neighbourhood to drive through. Lots of boarded up houses, and other houses that appear to have been quite nice when they were built, have run into hard times, and are now being renovated. One I saw looked awful-- a three story former elegant home. Now the siding is all weathered with barely any paint, the roof has several different types of shingles, and canvas over part of it ( hole? who knows) But in the middle of the top floor is a huge picture window--obviously new. Something going on there!
Pat F

No comments:

Post a Comment