Friday, May 29, 2009

Power cooking

Yes, we power cooked yesterday. So far I have four meals of spagetti sauce, three meals of chili, and a whole turkey breast, for roasting, in the freezer. I have another batch of spagetti sauce ready and today I make lasagne, as well as at least 2 kinds of soup. Boning out a turkey is tough going. Then there were all those vegetables to chop. My wrists just won't take it anymore. So by the time we were done, David was exhausted. We used to be able to get more done, but both of us are older and we're just not used to working that hard.

Today I also have to get two quilts in the mail to Southern California. Tomorrow I have a shift at the Museum and want to take some hand work to amuse myself while I'm there, so I'll have to pack that up. I bought a new cosmetic bag to pack my sewing tools in. I've had one for years that has all of my stump work tools in it, but I was using a smaller sewing basket for other things. The lid kept coming off and I've been reluctant ot take it out of the house--but no more.

Last night I went to a "salon" with the Manitoba Crafts Council. Interesting experience. I wrote a bit about it on the other blog. It was at Aqua Books. Never heard of it before. It is in a two story building on Garry st. An old building, I would say, but probably quite elegant in its time. The "Salon" was in a room on the second floor with lovely coloured walls and old pictures and antique furniture. There was food and friendliness. The main floor was a warren of well-lit rooms full of both old and new books (I think--I didn't look that closely) At the back was a restaurant/bistro. Fascinating place!
Love Pati

No comments:

Post a Comment