Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rhubarb

We were talking about rhubarb pie yesterday. The rhubarb has been slow this year but I could probably get a picking off it now. But domestic concerns just aren't in me right now. Yesterday I vegged out in front of the tv--something I never used to do. Always I had something in my hand, but not these days. Always at the back of my mind is looming dementia--getting to that age. I still haven't got around to applying for my old age pension--hope I don't forget.

The cupboard is getting bare, but tomorrow is payday, and we'll go shopping. We had planned to thaw out a turkey, grind the meat and use it to make chili and spagetti sauce, but now David has arranged to go to the lake to meet the plumber and have the water turned on. We're going to have to replace the piping etc in the well, and couldn't do it last fall. I guess I need to remind him to take money with him. We seem to be getting used to the beef-free diet. About once a month I buy a small package of extra lean ground beef and make taco salad with it, but otherwise we seem to do fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment