Sunday, May 31, 2009

tv watching

I think I must have seen the same Elvis Costello show as you did, Beth. I don't know who those first two or three young people were, and their music wasn't too-too bad, but why can't they express themselves? It sounded like they were speaking English, but when evey second word is "like" or "you know", the message just doesn't get across. I left it on and continued working in the studio until Jacob Dylan came on. He, too, appeared to be ill at ease but, at least, he had something to say, and he knew his music.

Then I played poker. I won one hand in three tournaments, but held on in the fourth
tournament until final table. I was down to 1500 credits, held on until I was in 4th place out of 4. Then one hand went well, and I ended up winning the whole thing. So the evening didn't cost anything in terms of my playing stack.

Amber and the little ones will be over for supper tonight. I have a turkey breast to roast with mashed potatoes, and some sort of vegetable. I found a cake mix for a decadent carrot cake. Since everyone has told me they don't like chocolate, dessert is a challenge. The mix has raisins, and Amber will just have to pick them out, and carrot cake sometimes brings on my allergies, so I won't be having more than I should. I suppose I could pick out the raisins before I put the cake together--that's what a traditional "Grandma" would do. But then a traditional Grandma wouldn't be using a cake mix, so I'm off the hook there.

No comments:

Post a Comment