Sunday, May 31, 2009

Playing in the snow

How can it be May 31 when it is so cold and we have had snow all day? The plants will be thinking that their place to grow and produce will actually be inside the house. The heater has been on in the greenhouse since last evening and it is holding its own around 60 degrees, and we didn't even uncover all day those plants that we covered up outside last night. They will stay covered up until tomorrow at least.
So it was an inside day today and I actually tidied up my "studio" enough to find my sewing machine, and I did a bit of sewing. Gets the creative juices flowing again after a long hiatus - sewed all afternoon listening to CBC on the radio as I like Cross Country Checkup each Sunday 4 to 6 pm. Last night I was so cold I had a hot shower and hit the bed early - did not even turn on the Hockey Game. It may be the same for tonight.
Thought I would tell you how much I love that Pancake House Apple Pancake recipe you sent some time ago - made it for breakfast again today and then felt compelled to take the dog for a long walk. Dressed in hat, winter jacket, and mitts it was not the enjoyable kind of exercise I had in mind so went quickly around the arena park ONCE (usually take a few trips around at least) and then felt guilty all day about eating the huge pancake.
Interesting to hear that you are both playing with cameras - I just got a digital camera and although I still do not know much about it yet, I too am anxious to become more familiar so that I can take decent pictures and then maybe I can get some on the computer to you. I shall make this my next challenge.
But right now I must get into my warm and cuddly jammies - almost time for the first face off... take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment