Monday, May 18, 2009

Still not sure...

Hi - took me 30 minutes to figure out how to access in order to write a few words. I could read your latest posts but darned if I could find how to respond (duhhh!) Guess this indicates where I stand in the order of blog competancy within this family?
Had "in laws" from Kirkland Lake at Mothers since Friday. Actually today is her 96th Birthday. They left yesterday to go home and my husband followed them up the highway to spend a few days in KL. This week is the annual dump your unwanted items on the curb so that others can drive around and pick up any desirable "got to haves". So I am in charge of the household chores ie greenhouse, garden etc. and of course it is cold and freezing at night so that means covering up before dark, and uncovering after the sun shines in the morning, and monitoring the plants in the greenhouse for temperature changes, and watering etc. It has been a funny spring so far with snow yesterday, and very few nice warm days needed to help rekindle ones faith that summer is actually coming!
I shall be getting my hair cut and curled tomorrow which you need to undersand is a real highlight for me these days. And so not to waste the effect, I have also arranged a luncheon engagment with friend Sue for Friday. I have not seen her for about two years and looking forward to a good old chat. She also has a box of books I let her borrow about four years ago that she plans to return. They are the Irish series of Andrew Greeley which I am anxious to get back.
In meantime, I guess I'll get back to some serious house work. I started with a double batch of banana muffins this morning - and they are really delicious ! You see, I needed to try them out to see if they were fit to eat - so far the first six have been most acceptable. So long for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment