Friday, April 8, 2011

Be - News focus again on Manitoba

Inevidable, every spring our thoughts turn to the Red River and the flood levels. The CBC radio news has had something the last few nights. Tonight it is of the area north of Winnipeg where ice is damming up the waters and flooding the homes. The other night it was about Brandon and the concerns about the Assiniboine high waters. Every year I take out my book about the 1997 Flood and reread it cover to cover. I hope you folks are managing OK. Does Amber have reason for worry around Lorette or travelling back and forth? I went for a bike ride today!! I uncovered my bike from its winter resting place and brushed all the leaves and cobwebs off, oiled the gears, and the brakes, and pumped up the tires. And off I went down the road and back. I know it was a very short ride, but it was a ride and I shall try to keep it up best I can. Tomorrow I go to Mothers on my own again, as Harry is going to an auction. I have planned a simple salmon casserole - Cathy I think a recipe I got from you, thanks! And I bought a pumpkin pie so I know I'll enjoy lunch. haha I shall offer to freshen up the spare bedroom in anticipation of Harry's brother coming for Easter. At Thanksgiving last fall I wanted to change the sheets but Mother objected so strongly I left it go. Strange! The temps are double digit during the day ( 10 degrees) so the snow might disappear before too long. I uncovered my two green coloured Muskoka chairs and wooden table and placed them on the picnic patio - this always makes me feel good. Iwill take my coffee and sit out there often in the summer - very peaceful. Hope you all have a nice weekend. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment