Friday, April 29, 2011

Funerals/visitations

I think what you observed is just a natural part of the jouney of life.  The events/passages DO become part of the social life of a community, and even more so in a smaller town.  And as you age, the type of event where this occurs changes. We've now reached the stage where it is our contemporaries who are dying, so our socialization takes place at funerals.  When we were younger, and it was family members who were dying, we were more often tied up in the organization of the event, and our role in it, and our emotional resposne to it, but now we are one step removed and socializaiton becomes our main role.

I took my fibre work into display at a three day art show this afternoon, and it was well received. Not that any of it had sold by the time I left later this evening.I spent an hour talking up my work at a special pre-viewing in the hour before the show opened, and then did a stint on the refreshment table.  Sunday I do a shift selling silent auction tickets.    It would be quite a validation to actually sell a piece, but I took in every framed piece  have.  Now that it has been shown, I can never show it again there,and they have two shows a year.  They also have a small area where you can put in a box of stuff either shrink wrapped or in clear plastic bags.  I had just wanted to put some stuff in there, but had been told that I had to mount a display, so "tis done!

No comments:

Post a Comment