Friday, April 22, 2011

Kenora Harbourfest

Your post, Beth, made me think of the boat parade that was a feature of the Kenora Habourfest in past years.  Kenora had a somewhat similar history of $$$wooden boats in the early 20th century, and every August Long weekend there was a parade of these magnificent wooden boats along the harbout front in town.  Many of them came from mansions built on islands, and the " boatman" would be assigned to trnasport guests and supplies back and forth as needed.  With the advent of fibreglass, many of these beauties disappeared, but come out to play once a year.  Over the past few years, we've avoided Kenora on the long weekend because of the crowds, and line ups ( remember 35 minutes  to get through the Tim Horton's drive-through)

We're spending today doing housework to be ready for tomorrow.  One task will be to scrub the bathtub.  I've dreaded this task ever since my fall last summer.  My knee was so bad that I just couldn't kneel down.  It was starting to get better when I fell and suffered exactly the same injury in January.  Nobody was worried about the poor knee, given the fractured shoulder, but I knew there was a problem, as the blood was causing my pants to stick to the wound .  (Same pair of pants both times.)  David scrubbed the tub itself a couple of weeks ago, but now I have to do the rim and the tiles around the tub.  I haven't had a bath, just showers, in months, as I know that just means scrubbing the "beast" more frequently.  The caulking around the tub needs replacing again, but that will be a job for later in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment